Monday, October 4, 2021

Women’s March 2021

 In response to Texas “Heartbeat Act” citizens of Corvallis showed up for a Women’s right to body autonomy. 

The group met at 11am at Central Park in Corvallis, after a few passionate speakers they marched up 8th st., down Monroe, to the Benton County Courthouse in an organized fashion at a slow pace. At he courthouse a crowd of around 500 supporters rallied and cheered as cars honked. Chants such as “my body, my choice” and “no uterus, no opinion” could be heard clearly in unison. After about 40 mins the group of women, men, children, and happy dogs walked back to the park and dispersed. This was a joyful, passionate, and family friendly event with only one man as a counter protester who left at the sight of the crowd gathered at the courthouse. 

I’m pleased with so many of the images I captured and will post all of them on my Instagram @sabrinasviewfinder. I even received a free tee-shirt from an artist with the slogan “shed the patriarchy” and an artistic image of a uterus on it.









































2 comments:

Main Stage at The Benton County Fair

       Gearing up to take event photos at the Benton County Fair I choose my Canon Mark iv and my Sigma 50mm art. But on the inside I was ex...