Friday, October 1, 2021

Photojournalism - The Beginning

 



(Selfie portrait)
Hi, hello, how are ya? I'm Sabrina Dedek, I consider myself a photographer but I'm majoring in Public Health. One of my secrets to portrait photography is having empathy for all walks of life, relating to my subjects and clients helps capture the moment. I'm thrilled to be taking photojournalism to learn new techniques in photography and put myself in new experiences. My cousin Tiffany Gravel, is a photojournalist in Uganda and I admire her work so much. I've been taking photos since I was a teenager, back in the days of film cameras, I took photography in high school and learned how to process my own film. Digital photography has been a therapeutic hobby and profession. I started my business Bellatrix Photographic last year at the start of the global pandemic. Providing families with beautiful portraits has been a complete joy.
I am a mom, a student,daughter, sister, friend, and business owner. My daughter is the light of my life and we go on fun adventures whenever possible. We have our own family of pets; Dotty Girl a catahula leopard dog, Daisy the turtle, Mr. Bunbun the Norwegian dwarf rabbit, and two parakeets Bluey and Bingo. They were all rescued in different ways. We live on the edge of the forest and appreciate nature every day. Living away from town helps separate home life from school life.


 (Jeff of Chi Alpha offers free coffee and conversation for a human interaction in quarantine times)

Three goals I have for my term in photojournalism are; be involved with the school paper, be present at events I would otherwise miss, and bring attention to an issue that is overlooked or without a voice.

(Sky High bartender Jason Braun serving up drinks on the first "Thirsty Thursday", Teresa Solum posing in front of a mural of wings Corvallis Mural Project)

Thirsty Thursday is a subculture of a college town, a normal and socially acceptable drinking habit, though drinking in excess is very unhealthy and leads to consequence.
Corvallis Mural Project is a beautiful and interactive addition to Corvallis in the last decade, enjoyed by people of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Main Stage at The Benton County Fair

       Gearing up to take event photos at the Benton County Fair I choose my Canon Mark iv and my Sigma 50mm art. But on the inside I was ex...