Sunday, January 9, 2022

Journalism Reporting; Up next, some things about Sabrina.


    Hey there, I'm Sabrina. I'm taking journalism writing this term to become a better member of the news team. Just last term I joined The Commuter team as the Photo Editor, which for me is super exciting because I haven't had the opportunity to work with a group in a long time. But the best part is, it's a fantastic group of people, so I want to do my best. 


I am a Journalism major, along with Public Health. I took Photojournalism last term for two reasons; to expand my talent as a photographer, and to impress my cousin who is a photojournalist and lives half way around the world in Uganda working on reporting about Nodding Sickness. But those two reason lead to a "ah-ha!" moment for me. I have a passion for reporting, interviewing, getting the scoop and getting the shot. This term I'm so thrilled to find that sweet formula for writing a riveting article.

Who I am outside of the classroom is a mosaic of hobbies. I am a mom to an amazing and clever little girl, her 5th birthday is this week. So it comes in handy that I love planning events, baking, cooking, and gift giving. I am also a daughter, we live on my parents forest property in an apartment me and my dad built while I was pregnant. I take care of my parents, they are disabled and aging gracefully. I share responsibilities on their property and I have my own year round garden. I even have a garden stand during the summer months! I'm always fixing, building something like lego tables, making something like lamps, and redecorating to make rooms more useful. My latest project is a mouse proof pantry from reclaimed furniture I found in estate sales. And in the spring I will be emptying out the barn and pool room to become an indoor playground and useable pool and tropical greenhouse again. I think my friends would say I'm into makeup, I just think of it as another art form. But I would have to say the thing I am most passionate about, that gives me most joy, is being a helper, knowing I truly helped a friend is the best feeling in the world. 

Some goals I have for myself this term; to get the best information during an interview. To learn how to record an interview. To learn how to video an interview. 
I would like to shake something up without crossing the line. 




Left: Me in the woods taking pictures.
Right: Pumpkin canon, Sarika Rao (my bff) fires tiny pumpkins at targets while my child disapproves of the loud sound.


LBCC Theater what are we doing? 

With the death of the theater department, what are we doing with the space? 

What shows will be available in the Performance Center? 

How do troupes rent it? 

What benefit does the Center have for LBCC students?

I want to highlight the missing program while encouraging the space to be filled. Show there is still creativity thriving in our college. If the space is resting during covid times I want to write about precautions and safety along with permanent change in live shows.


Production Coordinator: Michael Winder, winderm@linnbenton.edu, 541-917-4561

Dance Club
Providing an opportunity to be involved with dance in a creative and fun way:  learning, performance, choreography.

Legacy Ballet: 


  • 104 Main St SE, Albany, OR 97321
  • 541-791-9078
  • legacyballet@q.com
Richenda Hawkins
hawkinr@linnbenton.edu
541-917-4641


What is the renting process? What ways do we advertise for the Performance Center? What is the biggest benefit our theater offers that other stages do not? What are the experiences people have about this theater? Is it haunted? Is there a current line up of events during Covid times? What is the current renovations of Takena Hall doing with the Performance Center? Is theater gone for good?




"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away" -Pablo Picasso


Left: My summer garden stand turns to fall. All things are a suggested donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Main Stage at The Benton County Fair

       Gearing up to take event photos at the Benton County Fair I choose my Canon Mark iv and my Sigma 50mm art. But on the inside I was ex...